tiistai 5. lokakuuta 2021

Petit Palais, zoo, gospel concert...

We finally have a moving date, i.e. one-way flight tickets to Finland. Only a couple of weeks left anymore. In addition to selling stuff and packing post packages we try to enjoy what Paris has to offer. There will be plenty of things we both will miss from here once settling to Finland (I don't think our baby will miss anything since she'll be with mummy and daddy also in the next country) and actually I made a post about what I will miss from France already two years ago. One thing add would add to that list right away and it's my zumba lessons. I was so lucky when I ended up exactly on my current teacher's classes, since I don't think I would find a more suitable zumba teacher for myself: the energy, the music and the speed are absolutely awesome! I was so happy to know that they had reopened in the summer when we were in Finland, after over half a year of forced closure. To be honest, I would have missed the lessons for several months even without the pandemic because I was pregnant and gave birth. So that's one more reason to add why I happened to have a baby at the best possible time, haha... H will surely miss his brass band - and so will I. But oh well, we both also know that Finland gives us a lot of things we couldn't have here. However, here are some of our last experiences that Paris area had offer to us:

Petit Palais

I had never been inside either Grand Palais or Petit Palais that are located quite in the center of Paris. They both are famous sites and I have walked pass them several times. Grand Palais is currently under construction, so when we got a friend of ours to look after our baby for a few hours, we decided to have a lunch in the center and check the inside of Petit Palais. The entrance is free and the collection looks rather small from the doors, but we came to realize that the place was very big. We were surprised that they don't ask for any entrance fee to see a better collections than some museums have. Petit Palais definitely made to my list of recommendations what to see in Paris. 


"The Defence of Paris", paying homage to
Parisians' resistance during the war of 1870.

Parc Zoologique

H had not been in a zoo since his childhood, so one place we wanted to check in Paris before moving was the zoo. Of course I was also interested since one would expect that the zoo in Paris is better than in many other places. We took our baby with us and managed to go around the whole huge area without much of a problem with her. We ran out of the bottled milk on the way back home though and the other passengers got to enjoy some baby crying in the tram...

For my surprise the zoo was missing two big animals that many zoos have: an elephant and a tiger. But the place is big and interesting even without those specific animals. Monkeys, giraffes, birds, rhinos, penguins, fish etc etc. But the favorites for both us were the manatees. We had never seen those on live before and they truly are mesmerizing. 




The manatees were amazing!

New Gospel Family @ Bataclan

For several years I have wanted to see a gospel choir and coincidentally happened to see an advertisement of one one a few days before it took place. It was hold at Bataclan, a famous concert hall in Bastille area. We had booked last row seats but at the spot we were offered better places in the area that had many empty seat rows. No complains from our side. The music was too loud at times and the singing couldn't be heard well over the instruments but we enjoyed the experience. They had softer songs completely vocal only, and also some more lively songs when they even invited the audience to stand up and clap their hands. I couldn't imagine having that kind of music in the church but for me it was very nice to see and hear people singing spirituals so full of joy.




Street performances

Talking about music, it has been nice to see some performances appearing also on the streets again. We have enjoyed some street music and other entertainment even in our neighborhood in Gentilly. Paris and France is so full of art and we'll miss it.

A string quartet in a park near our home

Street performance in Gentilly

A jazz band playing in a second-hand store. 
Our baby fell asleep with the music.

Warm evening and music in the center of Paris

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Petit Palais, zoo, gospel concert...

We finally have a moving date, i.e. one-way flight tickets to Finland. Only a couple of weeks left anymore. In addition to selling stuff and...