perjantai 20. maaliskuuta 2020

Our first negative corona test results

So we have been quarantined in this hospital for two nights now. All of the five beds in my room got Vietnamese patients in them. They were brought here either from home (where they had spent one night after returning from abroad) or straight from the airport. I felt so bad for each of them when they had to take the test that I had in the morning already. I was not looking forward to the second test... But I am happy my roommates are nice. I have even spoke German, French and Japanese with them. But the "smaller roommates", the bugs are not so nice. There are quite some flies here, plus some other creatures, like mosquitoes. And yesterday I even saw a roach at the water stand in the hallway.

This is how I imagine myself waiting
for the next test.

Because it was a total surprise for me and H that we were taken outside of Hanoi and isolated here for days, we didn't have much stuff with us. Luckily H's father brought some clothes and everyday things we would need, in the first afternoon. I also got to borrow his laptop which made it easier for me to write my blog and also to watch some movies since this hospital does not offer anything to do. We are offered a meal three times a day but that is all. There is no tv, we cannot go outdoors for a walk or we are not really even allowed to be long time outside our own rooms. I have met H a few times per day in the hallway to chat a bit but we cannot even hug. And we have to wear masks all the time! I don't really mind having a mask when we go around the city with a scooter or during this epidemic even run and walk outside with the mask, but think about having it on your face 24/7... I like the meal times and having a shower because those are the only times when I can breathe better. And talking about the shower I must say it is nice that there is plenty of warm water (unlike in some place that I have heard about) but as a downside here we were not given proper towels. Everyone has got only a small hand towel. Too bad I didn't think of that when we sent a list to H's parents of what we need here.

Yesterday I already felt better here than on the first day. I got over the first shock and during the night I also got rid of my horrible headache. I didn't dare to ask for any medicines for it because I was worried the doctors would think my condition is getting worse. And I knew that the pain was caused only due to the lack of sleep, having no pillow - later I requested and was given another blanket that I now use as a pillow - and some other stuff nothing to due with being sick. Yesterday morning H also got a call from the doctor telling both of our tests were negative. What a relief! In addition he was told that if our next test is negative as well, we would get out of here.

Last night we got other kind of worries when we started to think what really is the best solution to us in this world-wide corona problem. Should we fly to France as we intended, should we go to Finland (I also got a text message from Finland asking its citizens to return there as soon as possible) or should we even stay in Vietnam. Vietnam has the least positive cases and life here is semi-normal - if you don't end up quarantined in an isolation hospital. Finland is also quite safe and there is no panic or restrictions to go outside or in the grocery stores. H's parents would like us to stay here where it is safe. But I feel that I have more to do if I am stuck either at my place in France or at my parents' place in Finland than I have here. And being in Europe is probably better for the future when the situation gets better and I can return to work easier than from Vietnam. Yet, we also got a problem with getting H to travel to Europe. Countries have closed their borders and only citizens and people with permanent residence are allowed to get back. He does not have a long-term resident permit to France even though he has been there for 4 years, has a job and a place there. But he could enter France or Finland if proved that he is my husband who also lives in EU now. But our marriage certificate was left in France since it didn't come to our minds having this kind of problems. So I tried to find out information and sent emails and called our landlord last night until midnight, and today I will have to make some calls to the border control and Finland's registration office in order to make sure that H would not get stuck at some airport if he wants to fly. Ahhh, what a fuss!

Anyway, our first thing still to do is to get out of this hospital. Luckily we had our second virus test made this morning already after 6 o'clock and when H called the doctor, he was told that we might get the results already this afternoon and if negative, we could go home. There is still a chance that I can get to my flight tomorrow morning! H would not join me tomorrow yet because he wants to stay a couple of days with his parents after this quarantine experience. We just hope that there would be flights after a few days still so that we won't be stuck in different countries for possibly months...

There is not much interesting stuff to take photos of so
here is my breakfast today, rice noodle soup. One of my
roommates got a lot of stuff and I got some fruits too.

Yesterday morning we ate rice, fried egg, pork and vegetables.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Petit Palais, zoo, gospel concert...

We finally have a moving date, i.e. one-way flight tickets to Finland. Only a couple of weeks left anymore. In addition to selling stuff and...