perjantai 20. maaliskuuta 2020

Out of the hospital & cancelled flights

I recommend to read the previous texts about our isolation first:
https://luksusmuijapariisissa.blogspot.com/2020/03/quarantined-in-vietnam.html
https://luksusmuijapariisissa.blogspot.com/2020/03/our-first-negative-corona-test-results.html

Yesterday afternoon in the isolation hospital everyone from our floor was taken to X-ray. We took a lift that can be operated only by the staff and went to the ground floor. We stood by the hallway windows facing to the yard and joked about how close but yet so far the freedom is for us. In the X-ray room I was guided without English to stand in front of the machine that scanned my body in a few seconds. After the X-ray we returned to our rooms and I wondered whether we get the results early enough now that we had to wait both for the morning test and the X-ray results. After 4 p.m. H called the doctor to ask but they were not ready yet.


Walking in the hospital hallway. How can we
keep the 1 meter distance that is advised?

It was something after 5 p.m. when I was suddenly asked to go to the hallway where H waited with a doctor. We got to sign our release papers! We were so happy to pack our stuff, hug each other and take a bus back to the city! I felt so free even to walk on the roads and take a transportation. And I only spent 3 days in the hospital. I wish all the best to my roommates and everyone else who have to stay there for a longer time, possibly up to 2 weeks.

Outside the hospital with the release document!

H found out during this week that his original return flight on next week's Tuesday had been cancelled. That is why I had checked at the hospital that my flight was still confirmed. I noticed that they had postponed my transfer flight from Doha with some hours but I could still take my flight from Hanoi this morning. Well, the situation really lives and changes every moment in this time of the corona virus. Yesterday evening after the dinner with H's parents (and by the way it felt nice to have a meal with everyone again because when H got fever on Tuesday he ate separately and I avoided discussion with his parents in case I would also be sick) I decided to do check-in online. But for some reason I could not finish it and realized that it said that my flight is only partially confirmed anymore. Hanoi's office of the airline company had closed long time ago so I called the main service center. They told me that my flight from Hanoi had been cancelled. How come they had not sent any information about that to me?! I asked if I can change to some other flight on Saturday or following days then. It always took a long time for her to find answer to my questions and finally it seemed that there are no more economy seats available on any of the last flights the air company does before stopping completely. When she was finding out about the business class prices, the call suddenly ended. I had to call again and this time there surprisingly was a seat available for the flight on Saturday evening. Also my transfer flight was cancelled but with a 9-hour waiting in Doha I could return to France. Of course I accepted. After the call I immediately went online to try to do the check-in again. And that time I succeeded. Now it should be sure that I can fly. The only worry left is whether H's new flight on late Sunday evening will also fly. He booked it yesterday night but seemingly you cannot be sure even about flights that depart within 2 days. But luckily we have managed to get a marriage certificate in our hands, so the border control would let him enter France (and Finland if we end up going there). Of course there is still a chance that the air company still refuses to take him on the flights. But we cross our fingers.

We celebrated by buying bubble tea.
Ah, I am so sad I cannot go buy this in
Paris because of the restriction to go outside.

We also bought some cake. After all, yesterday was also
the last night I am still in Vietnam.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Petit Palais, zoo, gospel concert...

We finally have a moving date, i.e. one-way flight tickets to Finland. Only a couple of weeks left anymore. In addition to selling stuff and...